Why Hire A Coach
Common questions about working with a coach
- +What is unique about coaching vs. consulting?
- It creates and maintains accountability for the company’s objectives at the level of each individual getting coached – each client. Thus, typical issues related to the performance of individuals within the company, the cohesiveness of its teams, the effectiveness of its meetings, its profitability, and achievement of the company’s goals are solved using actions and techniques created and agreed to by each client. This leaves the client, and every member of the company who participates in the process, empowered in his/her own ability to thrive and exceed expectations. It leaves each participant:
- Motivated and inspired by the experience of getting coached;
- Empowered and able to design for themselves the actions and new behaviors required to excel at their job;
- Engaged in and excited about their work;
- Ready to communicate constructively and honestly with their subordinates, coworkers and managers;
- Willing to stretch and practice their leadership;
- Able to identify their own blocks and gaps; and
- Ready to develop new ways of working with others to accomplish the organizations objectives.
Imagine employees who take the initiative to solve the problems they encounter, who are authentic and responsible for themselves, their teams and their work product. What would be possible in your organization if most of your employees were like this most of the time?
- +Why should I hire a coach?
- First, think about a time in your life when you learned something new – perhaps a sport, how to dance, or some other new skill. Likely, there was a person in your life at that time who supported you and provided valuable guidance – perhaps a parent or a coach. Consider that what made their input so valuable was that they shared your commitment to learn and grow and they also saw the possibility in you – the potential to improve, take more risks, and be challenged.
Now think about one area of your life that you would like to shift in some way. Imagine that you could create exactly what you wanted in that area. What would it be like to have a partner supporting you along the way, holding you accountable, and providing a fresh perspective? Imagine what it would look like if that person was also willing to observe and articulate what might be standing in your way?
This is the work of a Professional Coach.
- +How does it work?
- Coaching is an interactive process designed to empower you to grow, expand, and produce unprecedented results. The process is not based on the coach being the “expert”. Instead, the coach is a partner who uses questions and tools to bring forth your challenges, thought-processes, and desires.
As coaches, we work in all aspects of our client’s lives, including their businesses, careers, finances, health and relationships.
Through coaching, you will set goals that challenge you more than you ever thought possible, take action designed to achieve your goals, make decisions that empower you, and more fully use your natural skills, strengths and abilities.
- +Who is your typical client?
- Our clients are healthy, thriving individuals who have achieved success in many areas of life, but have noticed that they are stuck, bored, exhausted or overwhelmed – and they are looking for what is next.
- +Isn’t it silly to hire a coach? I mean, can’t I just do this myself?
- Thanks for asking – we get this question all the time.
Here’s how we see it. This might be the only life you’ve got. What does the life that you dream of leading require of you? Who can you think of who seems to be doing just that?
- Roger Federer? Now, we are all clear that this man is successful and thriving and could probably play tennis better than most in the world, with or without a coach. But he has one. Why does he bother? What value does his coach provide him?
- Eric Schmidt – CEO of Google. Easily considered a man at the top of his game. With or without a coach. However, he told Fortune magazine that the “best advice” he ever got was to hire a coach.
- We could go on … but you get the idea.
Also, we hate to bring it up – but, how many years have you been trying to lose those pesky extra ten pounds? Or get more organized? Or take more time to relax and enjoy life?
- You know what to do right? Everybody does! Diet and exercise. Do what Oprah says to do on those “get organized” shows. Take some down time or go to a yoga class.
- You could do it all by yourself. But! You’re human. So … you probably don’t. We get it. THAT is why you hire a coach!
- +This sounds like something I am interested in. Is there anything else I should know?
- Yes! And, thanks for seeing your possibilities! Here’s what you should know as a person who is about to engage in coaching:
- Be ready and willing to take on at least two areas of your life in a way that will challenge and inspire you.
- Be willing to play the role as the best expert in your own life. As coaches, we will work with you as though you are innately creative, resourceful, whole and complete at all times.
- Be willing to acknowledge that you, in any moment, get to choose who or how you will be about your life and your circumstances.
- Be willing to be 100% responsible for your actions and your results. Being responsible leaves you empowered and makes you the source of your own life.
- Be prepared to care for your well-being as though it is the cornerstone of a life or business that thrives and fulfills you.
- Be open to the idea that if action is not based in love, it is based in fear. Action based in fear is designed to avoid consequences (pain, rejection, loneliness, sadness, etc.) while action based in love accesses the endless possibility of human potential. Be ready to discover where you operate from fear and to remove your barriers to the experience of love – this will profoundly alter the quality of your life.
- +I am interested in checking this out. What’s next?
- Thanks for being open and willing to take the next step. We are excited to meet with you and get started!
The first step is easy: contact us to schedule a complimentary coaching session with one of our coaches today.